Firefighters responded to smoke coming from North Hall at 9:34 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 4.
“It was not a student or a resident’s fault, but it was a malfunction in the heating and cooling systems that are installed in the ceiling,” Katrina Petty, North Hall Resident Assistant said.
According to the Ventura County Star, it looked like there was smoke coming from the roof, but later said that it may have been from a ventilation unit and/or malfunctioning.
There were no injuries, and no damages to any of the rooms according to Petty.
A campus safety officer said that, “luckily, apparently there was not an actual fire.”
According to the VC Star, more than eight units with the Ventura County Fire Department responded to the call.
Students were allowed back in the dorm at 10:24 p.m.
Reporting by Rikke Bovre, News Editor
Photos provided by Paulyn Baens, Dianna Rohrer and Rikke Bovre