Fall fashion guide: dress your best

One of my favorite things to do before school starts each year is to go back-to-school shopping for clothes. Itโ€™s an opportunity for me to change up my style and transition from fun summer clothes to edgy fall outfits.

Anyone that knows me knows I love to dress up. Whether itโ€™s going to class, a job interview or a night out with friends, what Iโ€™m wearing has a positive effect on my attitude and energy. My style encourages self-confidence and allows me to be the best version of myself.

Walking around campus, Iโ€™ve noticed students wearing a pretty eclectic mix of fashion. From workout clothes, to casual chic, to high fashion, student style culture on this campus is very diverse.

Although dressing up is fun, with all the craziness happening in our lives as college students, it can be hard to find time to pick out the perfect outfit.

Here are some easy trends and tips on how to dress your best this fall.

Staple Pieces: Staples are always necessary to have in your closet. They are pieces that never go out of style and can be a go-to outfit for days where you donโ€™t have enough time to put something together. These pieces can include blue jeans, neutral-colored T-shirts, a little black dress, a jean or leather jacket or even ankle boots.

Natalieโ€™s Staple Pieces: My go-to outfit this fall is definitely ripped jeans, a casual gray T-shirt and sandals. By swapping my sandals for some heels, I can change this casual day look into a fun night-out look in seconds

Accessories: Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. One of my absolute favorite ways to style an outfit is to add a hat, scarf, purse, statement necklace, earrings or ring to add flare to an otherwise simple look.

Natalieโ€™s Accessory Picks: I canโ€™t tell you how many times I have gotten a compliment for a white T-shirt and jean outfit just because I added a big necklace to it. Trust me, next time you want to dress up your look, try it out.

Trends: Although having classic pieces in your closet is essential, it doesnโ€™t hurt to have clothing that is exclusive to each season. Some looks that are in trend this year are trench coats, long vests, halter crop tops, jumpsuits, turtleneck sweater dresses and monochromatic outfits.

Natalieโ€™s Trendy Picks: For fall this year Iโ€™m definitely feeling the monochromatic look. Whether its denim on denim done the right way, all white, or all black, thereโ€™s something classy, simple, chic and elegant about a monochromatic outfit.

The truth is trends come and go and style is always evolving. Although itโ€™s fun to follow the latest trend, as long as you feel comfortable and confident in what youโ€™re wearing, youโ€™ll be able to rock anything. As one of my favorite designers Coco Chanel said, โ€œThe best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.โ€

Until next time, stay fabulous!

Natalie Kalamdaryan
    Opinion Editor
    Published October 7th, 2015