A&E Briefs: Film, TV, Broadway and more

Taylor Swift wins big at iHeartRadio

Singer Taylor Swift went home with three awards at the end of the night April 3, including Album of the Year and Female Artist of the Year.

According to Forbes, the only other acts that won more than one trophy were Justin Bieber and Twenty One Pilots.

Swift’s “1989 World Tour” was also awarded Best Tour and during her acceptance speech she gave boyfriend Calvin Harris a thank you, ABC News reported.

“For the first time, I had the most amazing person to come home to when the spotlight went out and when the crowds were all gone,” Swift said. “So I want to thank my boyfriend Adam for that.”

Adam, better known as DJ Calvin Harris, won Best Dance Artist of the Year.

Kesha allegedly offered ‘freedom’

Kesha has provided further information regarding her current legal battle with producer “Dr. Luke” Gottwald, whom has been accused of sexual assault and battery.

According to Huffington Post, the singer claims in an Instagram post that she was offered her freedom for a public retraction of her allegations against Gottwald.

The post reads, “So. I got offered my freedom if I were to lie. I would have to apologize publicly and say that I never got raped. This is what happens behind closed doors. I will not take back the truth. I would rather let the truth ruin my career than lie for a monster ever again.”

In February, Kesha was denied release from her Sony contract by a judge. Dr. Luke has maintained innocence throughout the lawsuit, Huffington Post reported.

Disney to make film about Snow White’s Sister

Disney is planning a crossover film that incorporates The Brothers Grimm version of “Snow White” with the iconic animated Disney film.

According to the Huffington Post, one of these differences is Snow White’s sister Rose Red. In the upcoming film, Rose Red must go on a dangerous quest to save her sister after she is poisoned.

The film will be live-action.

Justine Goodiel
    Published April 6th, 2016