A&E Briefs Film, TV, Broadway and more

Drake releases upcoming artwork

Rapper Drake released the artwork for his upcoming album “Views From The 6” on April 24, according to Complex.

The cover photo featured a photo of the Toronto artist sitting atop the city’s iconic CN Tower, according to The Verge.

Drake tweeted the photo with the caption “To the city I love and the people in it… Thank you for everything #VIEWS.”

“Views From The 6” is set to be released on April 29.

Beyoncé releases ‘LEMONADE’

Singer Beyoncé released her visual album “LEMONADE” on April 23. The visual album was made available for one day only at 9 p.m. EST through the streaming service HBO. In addition, it was released to TIDAL, the music streaming service owned by Beyoncé’s husband Jay-Z as well as a variety of other artists.

The album revolves around the theme of infidelity, and is rumored to be about Beyoncé’s own marriage, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The release of the visual album spurred Internet discussion, and within an hour it had seven different hashtags trending on Twitter.

The album is expected to be made available for sale on iTunes, according to the New York Times.

‘Game of Thrones’ returns to HBO

The season six premiere of the HBO original “Game of Thrones” aired on April 24 after a yearlong hiatus. The first episode of the sixth season of the fantasy drama, “The Red Woman,” aired at 9 p.m. EST on the streaming service HBO.

The season premiere picked up right where the season five finale left off and the episode went on to revisit several of the show’s many storylines in its 50 minutes.

“Game Of Thrones” trended on Twitter with 865,000 tweets.

Ellinor Rundhovde