Cal Lutheran’s Center for Global Engagement brings cookies from around the world with November’s Global Café

On Thursday, Nov. 9 the Center for Global Engagement hosted the Global Café at Jack’s Corner, where attendees had the opportunity to answer trivia questions and eat different cookies from around the world.  

The event is coordinated by Associate Director of Education Abroad, Azar Amir-Mokri, who, as part of the CGE, is responsible for international activities on campus, education abroad, international admissions, and international students and scholars. There are students from over 50 different countries at Cal Lutheran. 

“The head of our center, Christina Sanchez, associate provost for Global Engagement, had this idea of having a place of encounter for the CLU community which would include faculty, staff, and students to get together and exchange ideas, and for students to get to know each other better and learn from each other’s cultural backgrounds,” Amir-Mokri said.

Cal Lutheran student Kade Stelzer, who attended the Global Café said he had learned a lot from the event. 

“It’s really opened my eyes to the positive changes in the world and makes me optimistic to see what the future holds and how I, as a young person, can contribute to the betterment of society,” Stelzer said. 

The Global Café meets every second Thursday of the month between 2:00-4:00 p.m. at Jack’s Corner.