Jamming for entrepreneurs

Whether itโ€™s a lack of money, resources, or experience, members of the Future Treps club are looking to help students use their skill sets and education to their fullest potential to bring ideas to life.

As students continue to grow and evolve, many aim to become self-employed or self sufficient as professionals.

The Future Treps, co-founded by Zach Garcia and MBA student Rob Bueschen, are specifically directed toward helping those seeking unique individual business opportunities.

Entrepreneurship can be hard to define. However, entrepreneurship encompasses all disciplines and should be thought of as what Garcia refers to as, โ€œan agent of creating change, a way of being.โ€ The Future Treps are making it a point to inform people that anyone can be an entrepreneur.

On Nov. 23 California Lutheran University will be hosting the 2013 Future Treps Ed JAM in the Lundring Events Center from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (breakfast and lunch will be served).

The event will be focused on learning to creatively apply a design to solve problems present within the current K-12 education system in the Ventura County.

The intention of this gathering is specifically surrounded around improving the gaps in education, and is merely an example of the larger concept that presents itself as the Future Treps.

โ€œThe idea behind this event, more than anything, is to get people connected and thinking about ways to use entrepreneurship in order to begin solving seemingly insurmountable issues. However, itโ€™s not only about thinking, itโ€™s about doing,โ€ Garcia said.

โ€œOur goal is to bring together creative, motivated people who want to pursue their own ideas and passions. The Ed JAM will be focused on education but weโ€™re hoping to inspire a lot of creative minds with different goals and aspirations.โ€

As students continue to grow and evolve, many aim to become self-employed or self sufficient as professionals. The Future Treps, co-founded by Garcia and MBA student Rob Bueschen, are specifically directed toward helping those seeking unique individual business opportunities.

โ€œThere are infinite opportunities in the world for people to be entrepreneurial โ€“ all it takes is a passionate individual with an idea to change something,โ€ Bueschen said.

โ€œWe often talk to students who have awesome ideas they are passionate about, however are not sure how to pursue them.ย  My goal is to help them achieve what they really want in life, and turn those opportunities into actuality.โ€

After this semesterโ€™s event at Lundring, the clubโ€™s co-founders intend to push the agenda by bringing in guest speakers and continuing to host events on and around campus to help build personnel and awareness.

People will have the opportunity to make a difference in the world and potentially become independently successful at the same time.

โ€œItโ€™s really a win-win situation, even for somebody that might not be interested in entrepreneurship. Our intention is for people to come out of these events and discussions thinking with a more motivated and driven perspective towards business and life in general,โ€ Garcia said.

For Future Treps, there is no use in โ€œselling yourself short.โ€ For an opportunity to learn more about Future Treps and entrepreneurship, head down to Lundring on Nov. 23 and check out the Ed JAM, or email Buesche at [email protected].

Peter James
    Published Nov. 20, 2013