Field Day attracts students with free fun

Make an appearance at Kingsmen Park on March 7 from 2-5 p.m. and race your friends in a hamster ball or to the top of a rock wall and enjoy some free food.

Every month, the Associated Students of California Lutheran University Government host Club Lu events as a way to our campus together. Such this year include Cosmic Bowling, Howl at the Moon, Let it Snow and most recently, Mr. Kingsmen. Now, many students are anticipating the arrival of Field Day.

Since the event is located in the heart of campus, students can check it out before or after their classes. Ottilie Yee, ASCLUG senior programs board representative, thinks it will be a fun spring event for the students.

โ€œField Day is an outdoor recreational type of event,โ€ Yee said. โ€œThis year, we are having a rock wall for climbing, a hamster ball race course, Tommyโ€™s and Kogi food trucks and a raffle for gift cards.โ€

ASCLUG expects roughly 150 to 200 students to attend Field Day.

Freshman Sarah Parsons is excited to attend another Club Lu event this year. She has attended multiple events and they have all been successful in her eyes.

โ€œI think the events Club Lu hosts are really cool. Itโ€™s something fun to do with your friends,โ€ Parsons said. โ€œI thought Let it Snow was fun and Santa was there, so it was cool to get a picture with him and my teammates.โ€

Sophomore Grace Spadoro is anxious for Field Day because after not attending last year, she has waited for a second chance to engage in one of the activities offered at the event.

โ€œI am most excited for the hamster balls because that is something Iโ€™ve always wanted to do and Iโ€™m eager to cross it off my bucket list,โ€ Spadoro said. โ€œI did not go last year and I regretted it once I found out they had hamster balls.โ€

Ryan Perez
Published March 5, 2014