California Lutheran University's Student Newspaper Since 1961

The Echo

California Lutheran University's Student Newspaper Since 1961

The Echo

California Lutheran University's Student Newspaper Since 1961

The Echo

    News Briefs: Celebrity Edition

    Amanda Bynes – will the drama never end?

    Will the drama surrounding Amanda Bynes ever end? Just two weeks after her DUI arrest, the 28-year-old actress has been placed under involuntary psychiatric hold at a Pasadena hospital according to TMZ.

    This news comes after Bynes made accusations against her father, Rick Bynes, on Twitter earlier this week.

    On Oct. 10, Bynes tweeted, “I need to tell the truth about my dad.” Later she tweeted, “He called me ugly as a child and then asked me if I wanted to have sex with him and I did not know how to respond and I said no and then I was forced to live with my dad which was a complete nightmare.”

    Bynes continued with allegations that her father had physically and verbally abused her as a child and that her mother Lynn knew and did nothing about it.

     

    Bollywood Remake of Disney’s ‘The Princess Diaries’

    “The Princess Diaries” is getting a makeover, Bollywood style!

    According to dnaindia.com, the Disney film is being remade into a Bollywood film by Disney studios in India.

    Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor has supposedly been approached to play the lead role of clumsy high school student, Mia Thermopolis, who finds out she is the heir to the throne of Genovia; a role originally made famous by Oscar-winning actress, Anne Hathaway.

    Kapoor, 28, starred in Disney’s first Bollywood production, Khoobsurat, and supposedly wowed producers so much that she was asked to be a part of Disney’s remake production of the original Hollywood film.

    Author Meg Cabot, who penned the original The Princess Diaries novel, even gave her blessing for the remake tweeting, “Bollywood remake of The Princess Diaries movie? Yes, please!”

     

    Jennifer Lawrence on nude photo scandal: “It is a sex crime”

    Jennifer Lawrence is finally breaking her silence for the first time since a hacker leaked nude photos of her earlier this summer.

    Covering the November issue of Vanity Fair magazine the 24-year-old Oscar winning actress spoke about how the scandal affected her and how she was able to move from the incident.

    “Just because I’m an actress, does not mean that I asked for this,” Lawrence told Vanity Fair. “It’s my body, and it should be my choice, and the fact that it is not my choice is absolutely disgusting. I can’t believe that we even live in that kind of a world. It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime,” Lawrence said of the situation.

    During her exclusive interview with the magazine, “The Hunger Games” actress shared a message for the tabloids, “You have a choice. You don’t have to be a person who spreads negativity and lies for a living. You can do something good. You can be good. Let’s just make that choice and – it feels better,” Lawrence said.

    Lawrence even talked about contemplating writing an apology after the photos were leaked, eventually deciding not to because the photos were meant for her long-time boyfriend and no one else.

    “Every single thing that I tried to write made me cry or get angry. I started to write an apology, but I don’t have anything to say I’m sorry for,” Lawrence said.

    For more on Lawrence’s interview about the scandal, visit www.vanityfair.com.

     

    Natalie Kalamdaryan

    Senior Writer

    Published October 15, 2014