Student Arrested on Campus

On April 22, a student was arrested on campus at 4 p.m. The Echo is withholding the names until charges are officially filed.

The Thousand Oaks Police department arrested the student under California Penal Code 422, and California Penal Code 242.

According to the California Legislative Information website, California Penal Code 422 states โ€œany person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out.โ€

The second act the student was charged with, California Penal Code 242 states, โ€œa battery is any willful or unlawful use of force or violence on the person of another.โ€

According to the Ventura County Pressboardโ€™s Arrest Report, the arrest was made on 60 W. Olsen Road, and the student was booked at the East Valley Jail with bails set at $20,000 for criminal threats, and $2,500 for battery.

The Echo reached out to Campus Safety, but they declined to comment because the case is currently an ongoing investigation.

The Echo reached out to the students involved, and will continue to investigate this story as more information becomes available.

Rikke Bovre
    News Editor