A&E Briefs: Film, TV, Broadway and more

Lady Gaga makes history with Super Bowl

Lady Gaga has become the first artist ever to perform at the Super Bowl, Grammys and the Academy Awards in the same year.

The singer turned actress considers her National Anthem performance the highest honor of her career.

โ€œI have to live up to a song that stands the test of time. I think the best way to do that is to kind of forget about yourself and just focus on what it meansโ€ฆ Iโ€™m really singing it from the heart and Iโ€™m also singing it really very true to the way that it was written, because I think thatโ€™s when it sounds its most majestic,โ€ Gaga said in her interview with NFL before the big game.

She also has been chosen to pay tribute to David Bowie at the Grammys. She is expected to perform three or four of his songs during the award show.

Beyoncรฉ drops surprise music video

Beyoncรฉ released a brand new single with an accompanying music video on Feb. 6, the day before she was set to perform at the Super Bowl in Santa Clara, Calif.

She posted the video on YouTube and made the download free to Tidal subscribers.

The video is set in New Orleans and features her and Jay-Zโ€™s daughter Blue Ivy multiple times. The politically-charged, nearly five-minute video shows Beyoncรฉ standing on a police car in a flooded street, a young African-American boy dancing in front of a line of SWAT officers and a graffiti-clad wall that reads โ€œstop shooting usโ€.

According to CNN, โ€œFans suspected something was in the works given how quiet Beyoncรฉ has been leading up to the halftime show.โ€ After the half-time performance, a short advertisement ran on ABC announcing her Formation World Tour.

Vanessa Hudgens shares Instagram message

On Feb. 6, Actress Vanessa Hudgens posted a photo on Instagram that read โ€œI wish heaven had visiting hoursโ€ with a caption that said โ€œIf onlyโ€ฆโ€

Hudgensโ€™ father, Greg, passed away Jan. 30. The young actress went to Twitter the following morning to share the news. โ€œI am so sad to say that last night my daddy, Greg passed away from stage 4 cancer,โ€ she wrote. โ€œThank you to everyone who kept him in your prayers.โ€

Following the tragic news, Hudgens still took the stage to perform in โ€œGrease: Live!โ€ as Rizzo. According to entertainment tonight website, she said the performance was in honor of her late dad.

Justine Goodiel
Published February 10th, 2016