Sports Briefs: News From Around the Leagues

Curry re-sets season 3-pointer record

In the Warriorsโ€™ game against Oklahoma City Thunder on Feb. 27, Stephen Curry made 12 3-pointers giving him 288 this season.

Curry broke his own record of 286 in the 2014-2015 season, according to CBS Sports. He also tied the single-game record set by Donyell Marshall and Kobe Bryant.

With roughly three months to go in the season, this is one of the quickest times a season record has been broken across all sports, according to CBS.

Curry drained a game-winning 3-pointer from eight feet behind the line in overtime, receiving praise from fans and athletes alike, Yahoo reported.

Scott takes Honda Classic by one stroke

Adam Scott topped Sergio Garcia on the leaderboard by one stroke on Feb. 28 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, at the Honda Classic.

Along with his first win since Colonial in 2014, Scott came out of the tournament with a 1.1 million dollar check according to Bleacher Report.

Although a one-stroke loss is heartbreaking and Garcia suffered criticism, he had nothing negative to say after the match.

โ€œI donโ€™t feel like my swing is anywhere near where I want it to be… but [Scott] played great. He played better than me,โ€ Garcia said.

Caballero leads team to League Cup Title

Willy Caballero, goalkeeper for Manchester City, saved three penalty shots in a row to win the team their fourth League Cup Title.

According to Fox Sports, Simon Mignolet of Liverpool did not save one penalty kick after the match ended 1-1. Man City won the shoot-out 3-1.

โ€œItโ€™s amazing to win this cup, for me itโ€™s amazing. It was a hard week for me but we had a talk that we could do it. It is fantastic for the blue people,โ€ Caballero said in an interview with Sky Sports after the game.

Manchester Cityโ€™s Manager Manuel Pellegrini was proud of Caballeroโ€™s performance. He will be replaced at the end of the season, according to Sky Sports.

Justine Goodiel
    Published March 2nd, 2016