A&E Briefs: Film, TV, Broadway and more

Netflix to increase prices this year

About 37 percent of U.S. subscribers, or 17 million subscribers, will be affected by Netflixโ€™s price increase next month.

According to Business Insider, Netflix began to raise the price of its standard plan for new subscribers in May 2014 to $8.99 per month then to $9.99 October 2015.

Those who were grandfathered into the $7.99 HD quality plan will begin paying $9.99 for the standard plan in May, Business Insider reported.

UBS estimates that 3 percent to 4 percent of those affected by the price increase will cancel their subscriptions.

Britney Spears purchases new TO home

Britney Spears is selling her $9 million mansion in Thousand Oaks, California, to move into her new home she purchased in October in the same area.

E! News reported Spears has moved in and out of 10 homes since 1999, but sheโ€™s been renting the T.O. home since 2011.

The five-bedroom mansion sits on a golf course and had a price tag of $25,000 a month. According to E! News, she moved herself and her two sons into the house after signing a $15 million contract with X Factor.

She bought her new 20.86-acre Thousand Oaks estate for $7.4 million.

Rob Kardashian proposes to Blac Chyna

Rob Kardashian popped the question to fiancรฉe Blac Chyna on April 4, only 10 weeks after making their relationship public, People reported.

According to People, Kardashian and Chyna both took to Instagram to announce the news.

The engagement follows heated family drama involving the Kardashians which has since been resolved. Chyna has a son with ex-fiancee Tyga, Kylie Jennerโ€™s current boyfriend.

The relationship has brought Kardashian back into the public eye following a two-year struggle with depression and weight gain. People reported none of Kardashianโ€™s family was in Los Angeles for the proposal.

Justine Goodiel