A&E Briefs: Film, TV, Broadway and more

Kesha surprises guests at Coachella

Kesha made a surprise appearance at Coachella, performing alongside Zedd April 16. The singer performed the EDM producer’s hit single “True Colors.”

Kesha has been dealing with legal issues following her drawn-out sexual assault case involving producer Dr. Luke, and this was her first public musical performance in months, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Zedd tweeted about the performance April 17: “Thank you Coachella! Thank you @KeshaRose! This was special.”

According to the Los Angeles Times, the pop singer did not talk to the audience during the performance.

Legend & Teigen welcome a baby girl

Singer John Legend and model Chrissy Teigen had their first child April 14. The couple named their daughter Luna Simone Stephens, giving her Legend’s birth name.

Both parents took to social media to announce the birth, in a move that Legend told USA Today was an attempt to control the press around it.

“We like to control our media,” Legend said to USA Today. “We feel like it gives us the opportunity to really say it how we want to say it in the tone we want to say it.”

Teigen has previously opened up about undergoing IVF treatment on her Twitter account.

‘Once Upon a Time’ airs LGBT romance

“Once Upon A Time” introduced its first LGBT romance April 17, E! reported.

Showrunners Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis had previously promised that the show would be exploring its first LGBT relationship this season, E! reported.

According to E!, Horowitz said an LGBT relationship was “due.”

“We want the show to reflect the world as it is now,” Horowitz said to E! in September.

Fans were expecting a romance between characters Mulan and Aurora, however the newest episode of the show entitled “Ruby Slippers” focused on the romance between characters Ruby and Dorothy.

Ellinor Rundhovde