Letter from the Editor

The fresh start of the new school year comes with a fresh start for The Echo.

The Echo is the student publication that has been serving the campus community of California Lutheran University since 1961 and has always made it a priority to fulfill the needs of its readers.

The Echo previously published a traditional print paper once a week on Wednesdays in addition to publishing the same work on its website. This will change starting the fall semester of 2016.

The newspaper is reducing its print paper issue size to eight pages instead of 12, and it will now be published on Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays. This is so the news that the community reads is as current as possible.ย 

Due to the fact that the print paper is reducing in size, more of the stories will be published online first and will also include exclusive web content. The Echo recognizesย the need for immediacy in todayโ€™s digital environment. Therefore, The Echo wants to serve peopleโ€™s needs for knowledge as soon as possible after a story breaks.

Creating more interaction between The Echo and its viewers on social media has been made a priority for the upcoming semesters. Readers can go to The Echo website at www.cluecho.com and submit feedback regarding content they read online as well as in print that needs to be corrected. The Cal Lutheran community can also go online to suggest coverage for upcoming events.

The Echo is looking forward to these changes and continuing to serve the Cal Lutheran community by delivering the most accurate and truthful news at a quicker pace.

Isabel Kirsch
    Editor in Chief