Spring Involvement Fair Boasts Diverse Clubs

On Jan. 31, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., there was a Spring Involvement Fair on the Spine at California Lutheran University. At this fair, clubs and organizations at Cal Lutheran had different tables set up so as students walked by, they could inquire and learn more about the clubs.

One organization at the fair was Delta Sigma Pi, a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities.

โ€œThis club has a lot of benefits, such as a lot of great networking opportunities, paid internships and it is a great way to get to know more people and professionals in the area,โ€ senior business administration major Alexandra Perez said.

Another club at the involvement fair was called the Cal Lutheran College Republicans.

โ€œWe promote conservatism on campus and provide a different option for students, because university campuses are usually far left and most students are democrats,โ€ sophomore student and club member Nick Steinwender said. โ€œA benefit to joining this group is that a lot of students could become more politically involved and knowledgeable about current events going on, especially now as Trump has started his presidency and is enacting his policies.โ€

Steinwender said this club can help students know whatโ€™s going on, โ€œbecause there is misinformation thatโ€™s going out about Trumpโ€™s policies from both the media and his administration, so from this club, I hope students can better understand whatโ€™s going on in the country right now.โ€

In contrast to these two clubs, a third club at the fair had to do with sports, and it is the Cal Lutheran Knights Ice Hockey Club.

โ€œI think this is a good club to join because it is part of building ice hockey in California. Itโ€™s still a growing sport especially college hockey,โ€ junior Co-President Grant Yurosko said.

In addition, Yurosko said, โ€œItโ€™s a really nice club if you want to know more about the sport of hockey, you can show up to our games and we have community events, like free ice skate nights, stuff like that, and you can support our players.โ€

These are just three of the many clubs that Cal Lutheran students have the chance to get more involved with on campus and potentially discover a new hobby like hockey, business or political discussions.

By David Brown