HalloWellness Fair spreads mental health awareness with a spooky twist

According+to+Wellness+Coordinator+Cari+Monraz%2C+the+idea+behind+the+event+was+to+give+students+the+tools+and+resources+necessary+for+them+to+know+that+they+are+not+alone+with+their+struggles%2C+and+also+to+de-stigmatize+mental+health+on+campus+while+adding+a+fun+Halloween+twist.+
Val Vidal
According to Wellness Coordinator Cari Monraz, the idea behind the event was to give students the tools and resources necessary for them to know that they are not alone with their struggles, and also to de-stigmatize mental health on campus while adding a fun Halloween twist.

On Wednesday, Oct. 25, California Lutheran University’s Wellness Resources hosted the HalloWellness Fair, which included painting pumpkins, a do-it-yourself zombie zen garden, a small farmerโ€™s market and more.

The activities provided a chance to learn about and receive information regarding mental health.

โ€œThe real outcome that we want is for students to kind of take the information that they got from this event and apply it to their lives,โ€ Wellness Coordinator Cari Monraz said.ย 

The fair was part of the Wellness Programs series, and the next event will be on Saturday, Nov. 11 where students will have the chance to learn to surf or relax at Mondos Beach in Ventura.