Her Campus hosts annual International Women’s Day fair

California Lutheran University’s Her Campus Chapter celebrated its annual International Women’s Day fair on Friday, March 15 at the flag poles from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. 

Along with Her Campus, other clubs present included the Center Global Engagement Club, Film & TV, Latin American Student Orginization, Delta Sigma Pi, Women in Business, and Delight. Faculty and students also joined while clubs spoke to and invited students passing by to check out their booths.

“Her Campus has been known to host this event. every single March for International Women’s Day or sometime during International Women’s Month,” Vice President of Her Campus Nico Sapphire said.“We are one of the main women-powered spaces on campus and so we invite all the clubs and all every year to join us.”

Students could go up to the tables along the spine to ask questions, get information about women’s empowerment, and learn how to draw inspiration from each club. Attendees also partook in photo opportunities with different hand-drawn signs made by club members and photo props that the clubs brought.

“We are just hoping to accomplish everyone has fun, everyone’s, you know, celebrating our day, our month, you know, as women. And we just want to make sure everyone has a great time,” sophomore and member of Her Campus JJ Cambaliza said.

Cambaliza said that her time at Cal Lutheran has been made exceptional by the help of Her Campus. She said that it’s something all women look into to build a safe place for themselves on campus, and it is a great place for community and to meet new faces that may be seen on campus. 

“I would say our main purpose as the Her Campus Club is to promote girlhood, sisterhood, positivity for all the women on campus who may have not experienced that before. Just to overall show that we are in this together and we will rule the world,” first-year student and member of Her Campus Amanda Seat said.

Her Campus will have more events to promote their club and bring community to Cal Lutheran students regardless of gender. To keep up with Her Campus and all their future events, follow their Instagram and for more information about events occurring on campus.