iCLU Radio Hosts Third Annual Lip Sync Battle

iCLU Radio hosted a Lip-Sync Battle on Mar. 18 which included several performances such as improv stunts, a duet, and two last-minute surprise contestants.

The winner of the Lip Sync Battle of 2024 was sophomore Dia Tardino, who performed with Professor of Radio and Station Manager of iCLU Radio Kyle Tamkin, lip syncing the song, “Hey Ya!” by OutKast. 

Tardino said she had so much fun and got Tamkin to join her in a very last-minute show that included mostly improv and lip syncing.

“I jumped off stage… And I was just like, ‘You know what would be funny? If I just went into the audience and sat on my friend’s lap, and I did,” Tardino said. “Poor guy was so uncomfortable, but it’s okay because it was worth it!” 

Tardino won the Lip-Sync Battle, and said she was thankful for Tamkin who agreed to duet with her. 

“We had two people get sick. So two of the performances you saw today were literally planned half an hour ago,” Tamkin said.

Tamkin said the two last-minute performances were presented by junior Ethan Klein who performed “I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys and junior Sammy Fahn who performed an inflatable guitar and lip sync solo to “Kings and Queens” by Ava Max. 

“At first I wasn’t going to perform but then I guess the person dropped out… I felt like I had a good vibe when I did it, and I just came up and did it right off the spot,” Klein said.