A&E Briefs: Film, TV, Broadway and more

Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco is divorcing

“The Big Bang Theory” actress Kaley Cuoco and her husband Ryan Sweeting are divorcing after 21 months of marriage, according to People Magazine. Cuoco and Sweeting married on Dec. 31, 2013, according to the news scource, at a fire-and-ice themed wedding. The actress and professional tennis star fought back rumors of marriage trouble earlier this year where Cuoco took to her Instagram to debunk the rumors, People Magazine reported.

Since the couple’s announcement of the split, Cuoco, who is known for her love of animals, is focusing on spending time with her family and animals, according to E! News. According to People Magazine, Cuoco will not be releasing a further statement on the divorce and the couple asks for their privacy.

Danny Pintauro reveals he’s HIV positive

Former “Who’s the Boss?” star Danny Pintauro announced he was HIV positive on Oprah Winfrey’s “Where Are They Now?” on September 26, according to Access Hollywood. Pintauro revealed he missed the chance to be a “beacon of light” to other gay people when he first came out and is now speaking out about the dangers of mixing drugs and sex in order to prevent other people from contracting the virus, according to the source.

Pintauro said he has been HIV positive for 12 years and he wishes he knew the name of the person who gave him HIV because that person has changed his life. According to Access Hollywood, Pintauro, who was originally worried the virus would affect his chances of finding love, married Wil Tabares in 2014 and was always upfront with his medical condition.

The source also reports he currently lives in Las Vegas where he manages a restaurant.

Hotel Transylvania 2 grosses over $47 million

“Hotel Transylvania 2” set the September record with its North American debut bringing in $47.5 million, not accounting for inflation, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The family-friendly film surpassed the original record holder, “Hotel Transylvania,” which brought in $42.5 million, according to the source. Sony president of marketing, Josh Greenstein, said this is a “big win for Sony Pictures Animations” and said the release date helped the film’s success.

Director Nancy Meyers’ comedy “The Intern” featuring academy award winners Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro, opened in the No. 2 slot with $18.2 million, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Warner Brothers executive vice president of domestic distribution Jeff Goldstein is happy with the result of the $40 million budget film, adding that it played well in many parts of the country.

Alesandria Posada
Business Manager
Published September 30th, 2015