A&E Briefs: Film, TV, Broadway and more

Kim Kardashian welcomes new baby boy

On Dec. 5 Kim Kardashian gave birth to a baby boy with husband Kanye West, according to E! News. The news source reported this is Kardashian and Westโ€™s second baby together.

Prior to the babyโ€™s birth, the reality star revealed she might have to have a C-section after the baby was breech, according to E! News, but during the Thanksgiving weekend, Kardashian underwent a medical procedure that corrected the babyโ€™s position in the womb.

Kardashian and West announced the name of their new baby boy Saint West on Dec. 7, according to Kardashianโ€™s website. The outlet reported that the babyโ€™s weight is 8 pounds and 1 oz. Kardashian and West already have a 2-year-old daughter, North West, according to US Weekly.

Coldplay will headline atย  Super Bowl

On Dec. 3, Coldplay was announced as the artist to headline at the Pepsi Super Bowl LXXXI Halftime show, according to NFL.com. The source also reported Coldplayโ€™s front man Chris Martin is designing the show that will be similar to elements of the NFLโ€™s On the Fifty campaign, which is โ€œhonoring the past, recognizing the present and looking ahead to the next 50 years.โ€

According to CNBC, rumors are circulating as to who will join the band during their performance, including Beyoncรฉ, but no supporting act has been confirmed. The Super Bowl will air on February 7, 2016 and will take place at the Leviโ€™s Stadium, according to CNBC.

Alesandria Posada
Business Manager

Grammy award nominations announced

The nominations for the 2016 Grammy awards were announced on Dec. 7 on CBS according to JustJared.com. Fifteen-time Grammy award winner, musician Alicia Keys shared the first batch of nominees during a televised presentation, while an online press release revealed the rest of the nominations.

Rapper Kendrick Lamar leads the pack with a total of 11 nominations including nods for Song of the Year and Album of the year, while Taylor Swift is the only artist to get nominated in all three major categories, which include Song of the Year, Album of the year and Record of the Year according to JustJared.com

The Grammys will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 15. CBS will air the event, and a host has yet to be announced.

Natalie Kalamdaryan
Opinion Editor
Published December 9th, 2015